That title is pretty much how I feel….
If I could describe my past/current situations, blessings, and self-reflection of 2018…….it would be similar to some of my food experiences. *Yes, I relate life lessons with food ok! lol*
Some of the time, it would be exactly what I want. Then, there are other times when it’s ruined by one or multiple factors. Overcooked chicken meat, flimsy fries, cold vegetables, no special sauce…..too much ketchup, little to no pepper.
It’s funny how we always remember more of the bad than the good. KNOWING this, what can we learn in this space?? Perception of ourselves? True motives of others?
It is said, How we handle situations/issues shows the true state of our character and strength of our spirit. Well….I need help.
Maybe, that’s why God wants the glory in our weakness KNOWING that’s where triumph comes from, success, growth…I’ve experienced too much to give up now. With the necessary tests and countless foolery, it pushed me to really dig deep within myself. I’ve only dealt with the smooth surface…not the ugly, junk about Shellsy that I keep pushing under the rug and avoid!
I had to reverse my thoughts and renew my mind towards myself.
- ‘My dreams are too far-fetched.’
- ‘When I talk, no one cares to listen and I fall silent *rooted from childhood*.’
- ‘People want to include me in the group when they want something from me.’
- God gave me one of His greatest gifts, CREATIVITY! He gave me the ideas to give Him the glory in this world.
- The enemy is trying to keep me quiet because MY VOICE MATTERS, MY DREAMS/THOUGHTS MATTER…SHELLSY MATTERS! *Thanks to my sis, Teressa, for the reminder!*
- I can’t bring my past to my present. I will no longer be haunted by my past and negative people. I’m blessed with great friends and strong sisterhoods!
Last Saturday, I went to my best friend’s beautiful, empowering women’s event called Message from My Wounds. I knew by the title that it was going to be amazing and I HAD to be in the place for whatever she needed! I was just helping, being friendly (very Shellsy-ish) and I can recall great testimonies, deliverance messages, and beauty unveiling.
I was just happy to be a witness to this experience……to feel included. I love to bring joy and friendliness to others because I know how it feels when people overlook/forget and doubt others. Nearly everyone addressing their wounds……except for me. And, there was plenty of open wounds that needed to be mended.
I brought this up because I KNOW I’m not the only one going through this. Every now and then, we can be so hard on ourselves as we move through life.
Contrary to most people’s thoughts towards me, I don’t always have it together and I can be a mess! That burger with too much ketchup and no seasoning can be ME……only if I let it!
Ladies and gents, there are ways to overcome this! *Heads up for some mental notes!*
- There is POWER in YOUR WORDS. I have been reading Acts 16:25 about the imprisonment of Paul and Silas. Around midnight, they prayed and singed hymns. Then, there was an earthquake and the prison doors opened, along with their chains breaking off! WE can’t make things happen with our mouths shut! Say it with your words and CONSISTENTLY repeat it!! Write it out, set an alarm to remind you if you have to! Make your words KNOWN in the atmosphere!! Get your words of affirmation together, along with prayer and verses to stick with it!
- There is POWER in NUMBERS. You can’t do life alone….I tried. I found myself pushing towards a dark place where the enemy had plenty of free range. Pushing everybody away doesn’t solve any problem, buuuut pushing away the negative influences matter in your purpose. Get your sisterhood together, find someone you know that can keep you accountable of your spirit and your goals (Tips to Grow an AWESOME sisterhood!! Click Here!), and push for self-reflection checkup sessions every 3-4 months of the year with your sisters!
To conclude this long journey post (sometimes, I can type all day…sorry lol). When life gives you that messed up burger, add some salt/pepper and scrape the extra ketchup to the side….for your french fries, of course……or just go to Chick-fil-a, that’s a God-ordained establishment! When it comes to Him, He NEVER messes up!
I have a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!I’m going after my long….long dream!!! Due to come out Late FALL 2018!
Too Much Ketchup is a branch for The Unconventional Shell’s video/audio podcast content. Too Much Ketchup will discuss topics that are deemed to being “too much” towards society’s standards and personal issues that is “too much” to deal with, along with a panel of everyday women from different backgrounds.